ScottishPower is offering a paid 9-12 month contract placement for people returning to a STEM career after a career break (or with a STEM role that has impacted by Covid-19).
ScottishPower has announced its 2020 UK Returners Programme, which offers a paid 9-12 month placement for candidates with STEM experience and an opportunity to work on some of ScottishPower’s innovative projects UK wide.
“We are delighted to announce the launch of the ScottishPower 2020 Returner Programme, which provides candidates who have taken a career break from STEM of two years or more with opportunities to re-enter the STEM industry. With a growing skills shortage, supporting candidates back into STEM is really important. This year we are also opening applications to anyone who has lost their STEM job due to Covid19.
The programme helps people refresh their existing skills and knowledge while building their confidence in a working environment through a structured pathway, placements last year involved Project Management and Coordination, Environmental & Sustainability, Digital, Data Management, Finance, Business analyst and Resource Management.”
The programme provides:
* A paid placement for 9-12 months, starting salary of £28,400pa plus benefits
* An opportunity to work on some of ScottishPower’s innovative projects
* Sociable/virtual meetings with previous Returners on the Programme
* A supportive induction and regular meetings with a line manager
* Flexible working patterns
* Opportunities to develop and update skills
* Confidence building workshops delivered by external partners
* A business mentor to support you throughout the Programme
* Guidance from a Returners Programme Manager to help with CV writing and applications
How to apply:
To apply for the Returner Programme you must have had a career break from STEM of 2 years or more OR have had a STEM role that has been impacted by Covid-19.
You must also be qualified in and/or have relevant work experience in one of the following areas; engineering, renewable energy, data analysis, project management, technology, finance, environmental or sustainability.
*PLEASE NOTE POSITIONS ARE BASED UK WIDE*
For more details and to apply, visit the ScottishPower website here