The Wellcome Trust, one of the UK’s most respected charitable organisations, is seeking an experienced Payroll Assistant to support a new HR system implementation.
* Applications close on 16th May 2019 so please do apply ASAP if you are interested. *
Payroll Assistant – 6 Month Role
You will be assisting the Payroll Manager and Payroll Analyst with the timely and accurate execution of the Wellcome Trust payroll portfolio (staff, pensioners, governors, casuals, panel chairs, committee members, etc).
- Collate and analyse the various forms, data and information which form the basis of the monthly payroll inputs.
- Meet with new Wellcome Trust staff to record their personal details, sign a payroll data template, confirm paydays, and explain the e-payslip registration process.
- Work closely with the Payroll Analyst, HR and SDWorx (outsourced payroll provider) to ensure payroll inputs for the month are accurate, timely and complete.
- Prepare the monthly payroll using bespoke Excel spreadsheets, and send the completed inputs to SDWorx (Trial and Live runs).
- Ensure the payroll and its related activities are compliant with regards to the requirements of GDPR
- Identify errors and omissions in payroll data in relation to starters, leavers, salary changes, secondments, overtime, flexible working, occupational maternity/paternity pay, permanent health insurance, sickness and unpaid leave, bonus and incentive schemes, Chair and Committee Fee payments, season ticket loans and study loans, cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and other contractual arrangements and ensure that these are corrected.
- Ensure that monthly disbursement payments to the Wellcome Trust Pension Plan and HMRC, are reconciled and paid over by SDWorx.
- Make non-sterling payments (via HSBCNet) to payees who have all/part of their monthly pay remitted to overseas bank accounts.
- Make monthly payments in respect of GAYE, Court Orders and pension auto-enrolment (NEST and Legal & General) as necessary.
- Provide key reports and outputs to various stakeholders as required (Line Managers, HR, Commercial Finance, auditors and so on).
- Deal with payee’s queries and requests in a professional and timely manner, offering added-value where possible (e.g. tax codes / tax refunds etc.).
- Offer pro-active help and advice with respect to payee’s e-payslip registrations and log-ins (forgotten passwords etc.) using SDWorx.
The successful candidate for this role will be someone who is interested in learning and in helping the team to implement this new HR system.
- Previous relevant experience in a sole Payroll role
- Experience with Payroll bureau processing
- Good communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational / Prioritisation skills
- Excel intermediary
This role is available with full time or part time options. Please note that it is a fixed term role, for six months, rather than a permanent job.
Remuneration – c£30,000 FTE
The Wellcome Trust’s offices are at Gibbs Building, 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.
How to Apply
If you are interested in knowing more about this role, or in applying, please see job description here.
Flexible and part time options: This role currently defined as a 6 month role with full time and part time options available by mutual agreement.