Level 20 is an organisation that was set up to encourage more women to join and to succeed in the private equity industry.
The organisation now seeks a part time COO, with a private equity/atlternative finance background, to help the CEO to develop the strategic vision for the organisation, as well as being responsible for finance, HR, and administrative operations.
About Level 20
Level 20 was set up in 2015 to encourage more women to join and to succeed in the private equity industry. The organisation currently has c.£0.5m sponsorship income from 49 GP firms which supports a team of 4 full time staff members to deliver the work that it undertakes. An interim COO has been in place since the start of 2019 and the organisation now wishes to recruit someone to take this role forward on a permanent basis. The organisation is well supported by volunteers providing pro-bono support. In the last 18 months Level 20 has expanded its activities into Europe and has committees operating currently in 5 countries with others likely to follow.
The Level 20 board comprises five of the founders, the Chair and the CEO, and is responsible for the governance of the organisation. There is also an Advisory Council comprising senior members of the industry which meets twice a year.
As a key member of the management team, the COO will report to and work with the CEO to develop the strategic vision and management of the organisation. The COO will have primary responsibility for the financial, HR, risk management and administrative operations of Level 20.
These responsibilities include:
- Development of strategic plans and formulation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Management of the accounting function, including managing invoicing and expenses, cash management and overseeing the tax and VAT affairs.
- Working with the external accountant for the production of quarterly management accounts and VAT returns and managing the annual audit.
- Managing HR, payroll, insurance, IT and premises.
- Company Secretary duties.
- Ensuring compliance with other regulatory and legal requirements (e.g. GDPR)
In addition to these specific responsibilities the COO will work with the CEO and contribute to the planning and successful delivery of the full range of initiatives that Level 20 is currently undertaking which include:
- The operation of a mentoring programme,
- The organisation of a variety of outreach activities
- The organisation of a programme of networking and educational events,
- Various research to support and guide Level 20’s work,
- The compilation of a ‘tool kit’ of best practise guidance across a range of issues that impact gender diversity, and
- Various other work to promote diversity and the development of inclusive cultures.
The successful candidate for this role will be an experienced financial manager, ideally a qualified accountant, who is able to take a strategic view of the organisation as well as being hands on with the day to day operations.
A good understanding of and previous experience of working in the private equity industry is required although candidates who have experience of the broader alternative investment industry would be considered.
The ability to interact with and present management information to board members is critical, as is the ability to work with volunteers, committees and the project team.
Level 20 uses Xero for its accounting and VAT returns, alongside ReceiptBank to manage receipts and invoices. Familiarity with Word, Excel and Powerpoint is expected.Candidates should identify with and support the aims of Level 20.
This role is likely to be on a 4 days a week basis with some scope for flexible arrangements.
Remuneration (depending on prior experience) – TBC
Level 20’s offices are at Tintagel House, Tintagel House, 92 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TY, close to Vauxhall station.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Flexible and part time options: This role currently defined as a 4 day a week role although other options may be possible by mutual agreement.