Reignite your career with the Shell Return to Work programme, aimed at experienced professionals who have taken a career break of at least one year. Starting in September 2018, this new six-month programme is aimed at anyone who’s taken a career break and now who wants to re-immerse themselves back into professional life.
About the Programme
This is the first Shell Return to Work programme but they’re no stranger to taking on returners. They understand the concerns you may have and the hurdles you might face. Here’s what you can expect from the programme:
- Engaging work that matches your skills.
- A contract for the equivalent of at least three days a week.
- Support from a manager who’s been trained to help you get the best out of the programme – plus a mentor and a buddy.
- Clear points of contact before and during your placement so you can tap into support and navigate the world of Shell.
- Knowledge sharing sessions and regular check-ins to see how you’re progressing.
- Flexibility around hours – you may well have personal priorities outside work, so we won’t expect you to work a typical 9-5.
- Clarity on what is expected from you; regular check ins.
- Practical advice with care arrangements, whether for children or anyone else you care for (via Bright Horizons, our external partners).
- Constructive feedback on your interview, even if you’re not successful in gaining a place on the programme.
Who can apply?
This opportunity is aimed at women and men of all ages, from all backgrounds, who have taken time out of work for at least the last twelve months. Perhaps you’ve been raising a family or caring for someone. Maybe you’ve put your career on hold to deal with a personal setback.
Now, although you may still have personal commitments to juggle, you feel ready to re-establish your career. You’re looking for an engaging role that fits your personal commitments and befits your professional experience.
Shell is looking for people who’ve already made a positive start to their careers following graduation and who want to make the most of their professional expertise or leadership potential.
You’ll need to be eligible to work in the UK from September 2018 to March 2019, available to be present in the office for the equivalent of three days a week and have knowledge, skills and experience that align to at least one of the disciplines:
- IT Project Management or IT Advisory
- Corporate Accounting & Treasury Management
- Geology & Geophysics
- Reservoir Engineering
Where are the roles based?
- Finance – (Shell Centre, Waterloo)
- IT – (The Strand, London)
- Geology – (Canary Wharf)
- Geophysics – (Aberdeen)
- Reservoir Engineering – (Aberdeen)
How do I apply?
Submit your CV before 13th June 2018. Don’t worry about it being out of date – you’ll also be asked for a personal statement, so Shell can better understand why you’ve taken a break from work, what motivates you, and where you see your career heading in future.
For more details and how to apply, see here.