We’re delighted to share this exciting new role for a Social Media Manager with Pumpables – a new company on a mission to bring innovation to the breast pump space.
“As a brand that wants to be right in touch with our audience, a strong social media presence is part of our DNA. We’re looking for a social media manager who will have an impeccable understanding of who we are and what we want to do, and who will be passionate about growing our brand identity and getting us heard on social media.
A large part of what we want to do is to be there for mums. Whether they’re looking at our products or not, if someone is struggling with pumping, we want to be the first ones there, to see how we can help.
Before we go further, please understand that this role needs to be filled by someone who understands that making better breast pumps is important! Making it easier for mums to give babies breast milk reduces stress in new mums, improves infant health and just generally makes the world a better place 😉 You will need to understand our audience, our messaging and the way that our products fit into people’s lives.”
As our Social Media Manager, you’ll need to:
- Love social media! This is the most important thing. We want someone that naturally loves engaging with people across social platforms, can intuitively sense what content will resonate with our audience and has the drive to make and source that content.
- Be bubbly, enthusiastic, caring and a people person! At Pumpables, we’re passionate about better breast pumps, and making life easier for mums – we need you to represent that.
- Form key relationships with influencers across all social media platforms.
- Recognise, appreciate and apply a set tone of voice, ensuring that the Pumpables brand is consistent across all channels.
- Manage all social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Plan content and delivery and use tools like Buffer, Hootsuite and Asana, to manage multiple social media channels.
- Run paid-for marketing strategies that compliment our monthly content strategy, under guidance from the Marketing Director.
- Develop and manage competitions and campaigns that promote our brand.
- Write engaging blog posts and articles.
- Create engaging multimedia content such as videos, and/or outsource this effectively.
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions.
- Monitor and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics. Use learnings to improve our strategies / suggest improvements in other areas of the business, to aid our Social efforts.
- Manage others such as a content writer or marketing assistant.
- Train other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within Pumpables.
- Work with various departments in-house, including customer service and a wider marketing team, and be confident in knowing how your role will impact theirs.
Basis of Employment
- 30 hours per week.
- Salary range £20K-£30K dependant on experience
- We are a Singapore-registered company, working as a distributed global team and our team members work on a contractor basis.
- Once part of the team, you will be need to register as self-employed in your country of residence, and invoice us for payment.
- You will report into both our Marketing Director and the CEO.
- Working remotely in a global organisation, you will find that you need to manage your hours somewhat (i.e. be available for a call with someone in Australia in the evening occasionally). Although please don’t let that put you off! We work incredibly hard on ensuring people have a fantastic work/life balance.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 2+ years of experience of social media management experience
- Being a mother (or parent) is a huge help when talking to other mothers, but if you are compassionate, caring and willing to learn the main pain points of pumping, you’ll be great too.
- Being great at Photoshop would be a plus! But it’s not a requirement.
What it’s like to work at Pumpables
Pumpables is a bootstrapped, self-funded company, determined to become known for bringing innovation to breast pumps. After decades of a complete lack of innovation in this space, times are a’changing and there are now startups and new ideas popping up everywhere. We are a women-dominated team that has been working in this space for years, and we have an unbeatable passion and understanding of what our customers’ pain points are.
We’re committed to maintaining a flexible, results-orientated workplace. We need you to truly care about our success. Although you’ll be able to manage your work in your own time, at Pumpables our ethos is to work just as hard as if we were heading to a central office every day, and we’ll expect that of you too. If you’re looking for an easy job, then this probably isn’t for you.
Women make up about 80% of our team, which is heavily weighted towards customer service, and we have team members in the UK, US, Philippines, Spain, Australia and more. We are a bootstrapped, cashflow-positive business in a position now to really take it to the next level.
We’re friendly, enthusiastic, and we’re building products that truly help people. So if are serious about wanting to help change the world for the better, then please get in touch!
How to Apply
To get started, make yourself a cup of tea and then fill in this online application form.
Note, the application process requires you to submit a two-minute video of yourself which is a pretty intimidating prospect for most of us, but please don’t let this hold you back! This can be as informal as you like: it is really just for the company to get to know you a little better.
And if your CV needs updating, check out our blog post here where Kath shares her top tips on what recruiters are looking for in a CV.