The Bank of England is launching their first Career Returners Programme for professionals looking to return to work after a career break of two years or more. The six-month paid programme will start in September 2018.
What Can You Expect?
- The Career Returners Programme offers a paid placement of six months, starting in September 2018, with the possibility of a permanent role at the end
- Roles will be on offer in a number of areas of the Prudential Regulation Authority (which is the part of the bank that promotes the safety and soundness of over 1,500 financial firms) such as Supervision, Policy and Central Support Functions
- The roles will be located in the London offices – Moorgate and Threadneedle Street
- You will receive coaching support to help you transition successfully back into the workplace
- Flexible working options are available, including part-time
There are a variety of roles in different teams. You’ll help lead on prudential risk assessment and mitigation, or support how the PRA operates. This could range from analysing business models and capital data to operations and governance. The work could be high profile and complex.
Who is the Programme Designed For?
You’ll need good analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with the ability to process, interpret and question large amounts of complex data, and work collaboratively. Excellent communications skills are a must, along with the ability to manage important priorities alongside your day to day jobs. Professional experience is required because you’ll need the ability to influence and operate at a senior level.
The right skills are more important than the right background. Financial experience is not essential for all roles though would be beneficial.
To be eligible, you must be returning after a career break of two years or more.
The Bank welcomes applications from those wishing to work flexibly and/or part-time.
Salary will depend on the role but will fall within a range of £40,000-£60,000. In addition you will be eligible for an extensive benefits package.
How to Apply
Apply online here before the closing date of 2 May 2018.
Interviews will take place end of May/early June.