Formats and content have both changed in recent years, leaving many people with an out-of-date CV. So updating a CV is no longer just a matter of adding your most recent professional experience or explaining a recent career gap.
If the thought of updating your CV fills you with dread, or if you have questions about what is currently expected in a best-practice CV, this workshop if for you! It is designed to be useful for people at all stages – whether you are ready to apply for your next role (or a promotion), or are simply considering a return to work.
Join us for an informative 90-minute, small group workshop in North West London, where, using the latest industry insights, Career Expert Kath Sloggett will explain:
– the basics for current best-practice CVs, including the essential sections, ideal length and format
– how to make your CV work harder for you
– what to say about your career break (if you have one)
– how Applicant Tracking Systems (or software ‘spiders’) work and the importance of keywords
– the importance of consistency between your CV and LinkedIn and other social media networks.
** Bring a paper copy of your CV with you and Kath will provide a quick mini-review and some personalised suggestions.**
CV Clinic Workshop Details
When: Tuesday 24th April, 2018, 10.00am – 11.30am
Where: Chez Bob, 205-207 Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park, London NW3 4QG
Price: £35 (includes a hot drink of your choice and quick mini-review of your CV with personalised suggestions)
Tickets: Available here
The venue is not suitable for crawlers or toddlers but little babies in prams can be accommodated.
Out of respect for our venue, please do not bring your own food or drink into the cafe. Please arrive a few minutes early if possible to enable us to start promptly to get the most out of the session.