Little Village Camden seek an organised, creative and determined self-starter to join them as a Referrals Manager. This is an exciting new, paid, part-time (16 hours/week) position and the successful applicant will ensure the effective running of Little Village Camden’s referral system.
Little Village are a wonderful community-based charity helping families in need, operating like a foodbank, but for clothes, toys and equipment for babies and children up to the age of five. The Camden site started accepting referrals in January 2017 and in its first year of operation supported over 350 families, gifting items worth in excess of £200,000.
Here’s what they say about the role:
“We’re looking for an organised, creative and determined self-starter to join our team as a Referrals Manager to ensure the effective running of Little Village Camden’s referral system. We want to double our impact in 2018 and 2019 and the role of Referrals Manager is a key part of our plan. Locally, you’ll be supported by other key staff members – our Camden Director, Volunteer Co-ordinator and Stock Manager – and our Operating Committee.
While this is a new paid role for Little Village Camden, there will be a handover period with the volunteer currently running referrals. She is not applying for the role due to other commitments. More widely you will have the support of other sites in the Little Village network and our Trustee Board. Little Village is a really fun, talented, and committed place to work.
We’re looking for someone who can work approximately 16 hours a week. We’re very open about when and how these hours are done – they don’t all need to be in the office, you will need to be there every Monday and Wednesday morning during term time to run our weekly drop in session. We’re passionate about ensuring our roles work with the grain of family life.”
HOURS: 16 hours per week, 43 weeks per year, which must include Camden school terms (39 weeks) and 9.30am to 1.30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays during term time.
SALARY: £25,000 pro rata
DURATION: 6 month initial contract, with 3 month probation period
LOCATION: Little Village Camden, Somers Town Community Association, 150 Ossulston Street, NW1 1EE
PROCESS: The deadline for applications is 26th March. Please send a CV and cover letter outlining why you’re interested in the role, and what you can bring to it, to
Interviews will be held week commencing 9th April. Do drop us a line with any questions or to fix up an informal chat beforehand.
Purpose of the Role
To ensure the effective running of Little Village Camden’s referral system. Working alongside other employees and the voluntary Operating Committee to ensure impact is monitored. The successful applicant will report to the Director of Little Village Camden.
- Oversee the referrals system: first point of contact for any referrals, dealing with queries from our referral partners, coordinating attendees to drop-in sessions, working with Coordinator to arrange collections and deliveries.
- Maintain and develop excellent relationships with referral partners, including developing and keeping up-to-date a referrer contact database and managing regular surveys.
- Keep our impact data up to date: entering data for outgoing referrals and feedback forms and, where necessary, assisting Little Village HQ in designing a data management system.
- Work with the local Stock Manager to maintain the quality of Little Village’s operations – ordering new parts – e.g. cot mattresses, bottle teats, new parts for cots and ensuring high quality goods are given out in an accurate and timely manner
- Identify and encourage those families that use Little Village to return items when they are finished with them and also to consider volunteering with us.
- Support the local Director in the site’s outreach program which involves regular “pop-up” events throughout the borough.
- Support the local Director in recruiting new referral partners from a broad range of organisations
- Help the local team to meet Little Village HQ objectives and KPIs for Little Village Camden.
- Attend Little Village Camden Operating Committee meetings.
- Participate in activities with other sites in the Little Village network to share learning between sites and to develop new ideas.
- Act in accordance with the policies of Little Village. Appropriate training will be provided.
- Represent Little Village and be one of the faces of Little Village in the community.
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Ability to input, process and collate data. Confidence using MS Excel and databases.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak confidently and compassionately to a diverse range of groups.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues.
- Knowledge of and commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
- Knowledge of roles of agencies providing support to families and children. experience working within the public sector as or with midwives, health visitors, teachers or social workers desirable.
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector and roles and responsibilities of voluntary committees.
- Good knowledge of local area and a commitment to the values of Little Village.
- The ability to think creatively and problem solve independently.
For more information please go to www.littlevillagehq.org
A part-time (28 hours/week) Director role at Little Village Camden is also available, see here for details.