Formats and content have both changed in recent years, leaving many people with an out-of-date CV. So updating a CV is no longer just a matter of adding your most recent professional experience or explaining a recent career gap.
If the thought of updating your CV fills you with dread, or if you have questions about what is expected in a best-practice CV, this workshop will help. It is designed to be useful for people at all stages – whether you are ready to apply for your next role (or a promotion), or are simply considering a return to work.
Bring a paper copy of your CV with you and Kath will provide a quick mini-review and some personalised suggestions.
Join us for an informative 90-minute, small group workshop in North West London, where, using the latest industry insights, Career Expert Kath Sloggett will explain:
– the basics for current best-practice CVs, including the essential sections, ideal length and format
– how to make your CV work harder for you
– how to address a career break (if you have one)
– how Applicant Tracking Systems (or software ‘spiders’) work and the importance of keywords
– the importance of consistency between your CV and LinkedIn and other social media networks.
CV Clinic Workshop Details
When: Wednesday, March 7th, 2018, 10.00am – 11.30am
Where: Billiard Room, upstairs at The Warrington Hotel, 93 Warrington Crescent, Maida Vale, London W9 1EH
Tickets: Available here
** This workshop has now sold out. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in future events. **