FOCUS, an award-winning, non-profit organisation supporting expats in the UK, seeks a Deputy Executive Director to join their small Central London team. The role is offered on a part-time basis (4 days per week) Monday to Thursday (28 hours) with the requirement to attend occasional evening events, including all Board meetings.
The Deputy Executive Director (DED) will provide management and leadership for FOCUS in conjunction with the Executive Director. The DED will cover for the ED if and when needed. He/she will reinforce the organisation’s market position and achieve financial growth through identifying business opportunities, and negotiating and winning new corporate accounts as per annual budget.
This role will oversee FOCUS’ communication efforts and membership drives and manage membership department to ensure regular check-in and correspondence with members so that client’s satisfaction and feedback are positive.
The DED will expand the Career Development Programme as well as promote it inside and outside the FOCUS community and assist the Executive Director with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Research organisations to identify new leads and potential new market segments;
- Understand the needs of companies moving people into the UK and identify the right person within the company to approach;
- Attend conferences, meetings and relevant industry events;
- Convert leads into corporate memberships as per annual budget.
- Manage the Membership Manager ensuring membership relations, registrations and renewals are well delivered;
- Support the Membership Manger in fostering a vibrant members’ community;
- Ensure consistency and professionalism in all member communication.
Career Development Programme (CDP)
- Plan the four sessions of the Career Workshops with the Career Coach;
- Promote the programme to FOCUS members as well as other organisations such as KCWC and Londres Accueil;
- Present the CDP Introduction together with the Career Coach and form the two groups (Explorers and Fast-Trackers);
- Keep accurate data on the programme to report back to sponsors;
- Produce materials that can be used to promote the CDP to corporates;
- Work closely with the FOCUS pool of career coaches for one-to-one coaching;
- Keep regular communication with them;
- Organise one annual career reunion for current and former CW participants;
- Establish a strong network of recruiters, career coaches and potential employers.
Represent FOCUS within the international and professional community as and when required and appropriate. Continually strive to keep FOCUS visible in the international community by attending networking events.
Member of the FOCUS Board of Governors, this position reports directly to the Executive Director.
This DED works closely with the Director of Sponsor Relations and manages the Membership Department and the CDP Team.
Operating as a non-profit organisation, FOCUS has been providing award-winning support for more than 35 years. To enhance their international experience, members gain access to essential UK resources and networking opportunities through events & seminars. Spouses and partners looking for work benefit from the Career Development Programme, designed to provide them with information, support and motivation needed for a successful job search.
For more information, please see the FOCUS website
For additional information regarding this position, please contact:
Alessandra Gnudi, firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 7937 7799 ex 6