Do you have a passion for children’s literature and reading? A fabulous opportunity has arisen for a Marketing and Sales Director to join Scoop, a new printed monthly magazine for children aged 8+. This full-time role, which includes maternity cover, is offered on a freelance basis with a day rate of £200/day.
Launched in September 2016 and created by a London-based team, Scoop boasts some of the biggest names in children’s literature amongst its contributors. Their aim is to enthuse children about the written word in as many ways as possible. It’s not only about books; it’s about all forms of story-telling, told by the very best story-tellers.
Sales and Marketing Director
- Creating and implementing subscription sales strategies to reach annual targets for UK and International sales
- Building and implementing sales strategies with UK and international schools
- Developing and implementing advertising strategy for print and digital
- Co-create and deliver a programme of events throughout the year
- Co-create press campaigns
- Regularly evaluating the demand, creating sales and marketing reports
- Working with subscription house and digital marketing manager to optimise purchase journey through website and improve customer service and improve renewal rate.
- Expand Scoop outlets in the UK and overseas and develop wider distribution strategy
- Create and implement schools sales strategy and oversee schools rep selling into UK and international schools, tutor agencies and home-schoolers.
- Study subscriber patterns including drop off rates and analyse data
- Explore new ways of selling advertising in print and digital through native advertising and branded partnerships
- Develop branded partnerships with magazine and book publishers
- Regularly review sales performance and pivot strategy to meet targets
- Collating feedback and stats in a monthly report
- Creating a marketing calendar to be used for content commissioning, marketing and social media
- Working with schools rep to create marketing materials to UK and international schools
- Creating and delivering programme of events at bookshops and festivals with freelance Event Rep
- Working with publishers on editorial marketing opportunities
- Writing and managing an automated newsletter to existing and future subscribers
- Working with freelance PR and Art Director on press campaigns with targeted press releases and marketing materials
- Planning social and digital content alongside the digital marketing manager
- Partnerships with online retailers to increase brand awareness
- Represent Scoop at industry events, conferences and festivals
Managing Director- Maternity Cover March 5th to August 12th
- Managing team members weekly tasks and receiving reports on tasks achieved
- Liaising between design and editorial to make sure all content is in before deadline
- Liaising between printer and subscription house to ensure print schedules are in line
- Monthly budget planning with Director and accounts manager
- Answering queries about contracts and liaising with legal advisor
- Creating design briefs for marketing tasks
- Monthly business strategy meeting with Director
- A passion and interest in products for children, especially books
- Experience working on subscription models (magazine experience preferred)
- Creative thinking about ways to reach new markets and strengthen existing ones
- The ability and desire to sell and promote the magazine on a face to face, or voice to voice basis
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive, confident and determined approach
- The skills to work independently and part of a team
- A good level of numeracy
- Competence with managing budgets
The role (including maternity cover) would be starting at 5 days a week at a salary of £200 per day and travel expenses.
The role would be a freelance annual contract with a 6-month review to discuss progress and targets reached.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter (or any enquiries, if you have questions) as soon as possible to Clementine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Intended Start Date
February 12th 2018.
** Thanks for your interest, this role has now closed. **