If the thought of updating your CV and preparing a covering letter fills you with dread, you’re not alone! But for most of us, there’s no getting around it – at some time or another in our working lives, we’ll need to submit a CV to secure the next role. Getting the basics right will greatly increase your chances of success.
Join us for this friendly and informative 90-minute workshop where using the latest industry insights, we’ll show you:
– how to lay out your CV, including the 4 essential sections, ideal length and formatting suggestions
– how best to describe a career break (if you have one)
– how to choose useful adjectives to describe your skill set without repeating yourself
– how Applicant Tracking Systems (or software ‘spiders’) work and the importance of keywords to avoid automatic rejection
– how to be strategic, why you should reframe your CV as a marketing document
– the dos and don’ts of covering letters
– the importance of consistency between your CV and LinkedIn and other social media networks
Bring along your CV and covering letter for a personal review if you have them ready. But don’t worry if you’re just getting started – whether you’re ready to apply for your dream role or at the early stages of considering a return to work, we’re here to help.
Spaces are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.